Monday, May 20, 2019

Chapter 2 of Sumo


Chapter 2


When it got late, I tried to find a place to sleep, but all I could find was a large rock, that I dug a hole underneath and curled my tail around my body  to stay warm from the cold night air and hopefully drift into sleep.
Two days past, and I was starving! I had not learned how to hunt.  I would have to teach myself, but I felt too weak . . . I must try, since to do nothing would mean starvation
I thought back to the days I had watched as my Father skillfully ,either flue faster than the prey he was seeking, or cunningly hid, waiting to  strike fiercely at the unsuspecting prey.  I must give it a try, or die. I shuddered at the thought, painfully I stood up.  How do I find food? I asked myself. I had never really payed attention to how my father found the food.  Maybe I will smell for it? I tried to remember how a Noiu smelled. I remembered it smelled tangy, yet sweet. My mouth watered.
Something caught my eye. It was a small mouse-like thing. Maybe I could eat that! I thought. I lowered myself into a crouching position, creeping forward, I held my tail up high as to not make a single noise (I remembered my Father doing this)  playing with my friend came to mind, the way I leaped through the air and pounced on Chindosy. I had to do that! That was the way to hunt.
I got so excited and could not think straight. (Note to reader, if you are hunting for the first time or any time, calm yourself, something I learned the hard way). I pounced clumsily, as I was in mid air my body twisted and  I missed the mouse-like creature with my claws, and landed right on top of it sideways! As I heaved myself up, I looked down to see the poor creature squished. At least I killed it, I thought to myself.  Gingerly I took the mouse-like-thing into my mouth, and returned to my nest. It wasn’t very big, but hopefully it was enough to hold me over until I could catch something bigger.  I devoured it! It was bland and stringy, with more bones than meat, but I ate it anyway. As I choked down the last piece, I thought to myself, I hope that was edible. Even though I was still hungry I decided to explore my surroundings.  I crawled out of my nest where I had eaten my stringy mouse-like-creature, and the sunshine felt good on my shoulders. I looked around There were trees, most of which I had never seen before. The beach, which I used to see from my den, was nowhere insight. I was far from home and lost.


Five days later I was the most miserable dragon you have ever seen. I had only eaten three small and a lucky finds, and a carcass of a Noiu, Early the next morning I woke up and realized I was never going to find myself another meal if all I did was sleep.  So, I set out to find something BIG! As I walked through the forest, I heard a huge noise. Because I was young, I wasn't use to this loud noise. I scampered off to find someplace to hide. As I peeked out from my hiding place, which was a deep hole, I saw the biggest, blackest, fiercest looking dragon I had ever seen in my whole life!  When I saw it, I shrunk back deeper into my hole. As I watched the dragon let out a shriek. I hoped he hadn’t seen me. Maybe he’s friendly, I thought. I took a deep breath and stepped out of my hiding place.

Myla

3 comments:

  1. Fun story! I like writing, but I'm not the best with details. I love how you include so many details!
    -Cami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cami!
      Also thank you for following my blog
      - Myla

      Delete
  2. Like I said on the original story, I love the ending of this chapter! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete